1. The human body is made up of a head, neck, torso, two arms and two legs. The average height of an adult human is about 5 to 6 feet tall. The human body is made to stand erect, walk on two feet, use the arms to carry and lift, and has opposable thumbs (able to grasp). 2. The adult body is made up of:100 trillion cells, 206 bones, 600 muscles, and 22 internal organs.
3. There are many systems in the human body: Circulatory System (heart, blood, vessels) Respiratory System (nose, trachea, lungs) Immune System (many types of protein, cells, organs, tissues) Skeletal System (bones) Excretory System (lungs, large intestine, kidneys) Urinary System (bladder, kidneys) Muscular System (muscles) Endocrine System (glands) Digestive System (mouth, esophogus, stomach, intestines) Nervous System (brain, spinal cord, nerves) Reproductive System (male and female reproductive organs)
4. Every square inch of the human body has about 19 million skin cells.
5. Every hour about 1 billion cells in the human body must be replaced.
6. The average human head has about 100,000 hairs.
7. The circulatory system of arteries, veins, and capillaries is about 60,000 miles long.
8. The heart beats more than 2.5 billion times in an average lifetime.
9. There are about 9,000 taste buds on the surface of the tongue, in the throat, and on the roof of the mouth.
10. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
11. The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
12. You blink over 10,000,000 times a year.
13. The human brain weighs about 3 pounds.
14. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
15. Only 10% of the population are left handed.
16. One fourth of the bones in your body are in your feet.
17. Children tend to grow faster in the spring.
18. The most sensitive finger on the human hand is the index finger.
19. More men are color-blind than women.
20. More people have brown eyes than any other color.