... A Safe Internet Gateway For Kids
You are here:
4-H Virtual Farm
American Farm Bureau
Animal Coloring Pages
Cyber Space Farm
Death of a Dream by PBS
Farm Animals Around the World
Farm Safety 4 Kids
High Ash Farm
Kid's AG Page
1. Farming is an important occupation, because everyone needs food and clothing to survive.
2. Farms produce all kinds of plants, animals, wool and cotton that people eat and utilize throughout the world.
3. Before the twentieth century, the typical American family lived on a small farm. They raised almost everything they ate and sold their remaining crops and/or animals.
4. Farmers work long, hard hours.
5. There are less farms in the United States today than there were in the early 1900’s, but the ones that are working produce more.
6. Scientific methods and labor-saving machinery have made farming increasingly productive.
7. The development of improved plant varieties and
fertilizers has helped significantly increase the yields of some major crops such as corn, soybeans
8. Scientific studies on livestock care and breeding have helped increase the amount of meat and products that animals produce.
9. The use of tractors and other modern farm equipment has sharply reduced the need for farm workers.
10. Today’s farmer is not just an expert in agriculture and livestock, but they also need to be successful businessmen.
Fast Facts Resources
Terms and Conditions
Back to Top
Copyright © 2013 Kids Konnect. All Rights Reserved.
Site Hosted by JIKOmetrix.net