1. Photosynthesis is the process where a plants uses the sun’s energy to turn light into chlorophyll.
2. Photosynthesis is the single most important chemical process on the earth.
3. Almost all plants needs the sun in order to survive.
4. Plants produce oxygen during this process and utilize carbon dioxide.
5. All people and animals need oxygen to survive.
6. The process of photosynthesis mostly takes place in the chloroplasts of plant leaf mesophyll cells.
7. Photosynthesis is affected by temperature, light intensity, light wavelength and carbon dioxide level.
8. Pine trees and other conifers have evolved over the years to grow in a triangle shape because of photosynthesis. The triangular shape exposes most of its needles to the sun, especially the ones near the top of the tree. This allows the tree to grow taller and retain this shape.
9. Animals need other animals or plants in order to receive food energy.
10. Researchers have discovered a sea slug that creates its own energy through photosynthesis. When the slugs eats algae, it doesn’t fully digest it. What remains in the slug’s system continues to photosynthesize the food and provide food energy for the slug.